Are you looking for an ultra-tough durable and water resistant phone? The Kyocera DuraXV is here for you. This phone is packed with plenty of useful features. Although this device has a calm clam shell without the touchscreen, tIt brings back a basic feature phone which houses camera, capable external storage, and supports web navigation.
DESIGN AND FEATURES
- This phone is a heavy one 5.6 ounces, and stands 4.13 inches tall, 2.15 inches wide and 0.98 inches thick. The Micro-USB port is on the left side of the phone which has a plastic door for covering. Just above it found the volume rocker and a 3.5mm headset jack on the right side.
- The top lid which is made of plastic is accoutered of a 1.08-inch black and white display which has a pixel resolution of 102×90.
- The screen will light up with the time, date, battery life, reception, missed notifications and enabled features like GPS or Bluetooth if any of the control buttons is pressed. A 5-megapixel camera with flash is also accommodated by the lid.
- By flipping to open the device you will see the 2-inch main display of this phone. Under direct sun rays it is impossible to see the display although you can still use it but it is quite difficult, the intelligible images, text, and icons however allows you read notifications and messages plus it is easy to navigate because of its remarkable user interface.
- Smart Sonic Receiver technology is applied on this phone this means that instead of seeing physical speaker the technology features an embedded ceramic transducer inside the DuraXV to transmit audio via the hard tissue inside your ear.
- The keypad can be easily navigated by touch because it is spacious which rises above the surface of the device.
The durability of the DuraXV is out of question as the phone is designed out of military-grade specifications. Aside from that it also pass the IPX68 dust- and waterproof standards, therefore it can be submerged for 30 minutes in up to 6 feet of water afterward the device survived and perfectly functional. The DuraXV runs the Brew MP 1.0.4 operating system.